I'm an experienced academic mentor and writing consultant, and I'd love to work with you or your student! Below are my mentorship and tutoring offerings.
Kindergarten through High School
I'll work with your student one-on-one to help them develop a passion for learning. I specialize in elementary/middle school language arts and social studies. Each one-hour session will be spent working through their assignments and establishing good study habits.
College Entry Preparation
I'll work with your student to help them get into the college of their dreams. We'll develop and edit their entrance essays and use data-driven study techniques to help them excel at any college entry exam.
I'll work with your student one-on-one to help them improve their writing skills and excel at English and the humanities. Each one-hour session will be spent working through their assignments and establishing effective study habits.
Remedial Reading Support
If your student struggles with reading, I'll work with them to improve — with patience and compassion. I use effective literacy strategies, backed by research and experience, to help students of all ages develop a passion for reading to carry them through their lives.
College and Graduate School
Thesis and Dissertation Preparation
I'll collaborate with you to strategize your thesis and dissertation process. In this one-time session, we'll establish a research schedule (with deadlines), test and select your research tools, outline your thesis/dissertation paper, determine your methodology, and complete any IRB requirements.
Thesis and Dissertation Editing
When your thesis and dissertation is complete, I'll work with you to thoroughly edit and improve it before your defense. I've edited more than 50 theses and dissertations across all disciplines, and I'm an expert at citation styles.
Get in touch to book your first session
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's Degree in Literacy Studies from the University of Nevada, Reno
- Bachelor's Degree in English Literature from the University of Nevada, Reno
- Washoe County School District Substitute Teaching License
- Published author and award-winning journalist
- Graduate writing consultant at the University Writing Center at the University of Nevada, Reno (2010-2013)
- Remedial writing/reading tutor, Wooster High School and Damonte Ranch High School (2011-2012)
- Graduate assistant for the E.L. Cord Foundation Center for Learning and Literacy (2011-2012)
- Co-teacher of Spark Lab: Maker Camp for Teens (2013)
- Northern Nevada Writing Project Fellow (2011)